Caring for Your Braces
We’ll help you to take care of your Braces!
Do you have braces, or are you planning on getting them? Taking care of them is crucial to the success of your treatment. That’s why we offer a variety of tips and tricks – so you can make sure your braces are doing their job and helping your smile look its best.
Tips and Tricks for Your Traditional Braces
You’ve just decided to get braces – congratulations! Now it’s time to think about how you’ll take care of them and keep them clean and free of plaque and bacteria. Caring for your braces is essential to ensure that they work correctly and last as long as possible.
A few different braces types fall under the category of traditional braces:
- Traditional metal braces are the most common type of braces. They’re made of high-quality stainless steel and are very strong. They also tend to be the least expensive type of braces.
- Ceramic braces are made of a clear or white material that blends in with your teeth. They’re less visible than metal braces, but they can be more fragile.
- Self-ligating braces are similar to traditional metal braces, but they don’t need as many adjustments. They have a unique clip that holds the wire in place, making them more comfortable.
No matter which type of braces you have or are planning on getting, you can keep your braces clean, comfortable, and functional for years to come by following a few simple steps:
- First, be sure to brush your teeth thoroughly at least twice a day to avoid plaque buildup. Plaque can cause tooth decay and gum disease, even with braces.
- It’s also essential to floss regularly, using a special flosser or threader to get between the wires.
- In addition, you should avoid hard and sticky foods that can damage the braces or get caught in them. And avoid sugary drinks and snacks. These can cause tooth decay.
- Be sure to visit us for regular checkups and adjustments. We’ll be able to tell you how your braces are doing and make any necessary changes.
- If a wire breaks or a bracket comes loose, let us know as soon as possible. We want to make sure your braces are working properly to align your teeth and that they are comfortable in your mouth.
Tips and Tricks for Your Invisalign Aligners
Invisalign uses clear, custom-made aligners to gently straighten teeth as an alternative to traditional metal braces. One of the benefits of Invisalign is that the aligners are virtually invisible, making them a popular choice for adults and teens who are self-conscious about their appearance. Another benefit of clear aligners is that they are removable, making it easy to clean them and clean your teeth.
Because the aligners are made of clear plastic, they require special care to keep them clean and free of stains. Here are some tips for caring for your Invisalign aligners:
-Rinse your aligners with lukewarm water before you put them in. The water will help to remove any debris or bacteria that may be on the aligners.
– Brush your teeth before you put in your aligners. Brushing will help remove any food particles or dental plaque that could cause stains.
– Avoid eating sticky or chewy foods while you’re wearing your aligners. These types of foods can adhere to the aligners and cause staining.
– Clean your aligners with a soft toothbrush and mild soap every day. Be sure to rinse them thoroughly afterward to remove any soap residue.
– Soak your aligners in Invisalign’s cleaning solution for at least 10 minutes a day. Soaking will help to remove any built-up plaque or bacteria.
– Store your aligners in Invisalign’s storage case when you’re not wearing them. Storing your aligners will help to keep them clean and free of dust and dirt.
Care For Your Teeth by Caring for Your Braces
Braces are a big investment, and they work best when they’re taken care of properly. We want to help you take excellent care of your braces so they can do their job correctly and help get your smile looking fantastic. Dr. Peet and his team are always more than happy to provide you with helpful information and answer any of your questions about your braces.
Genesis Dental & Orthodontics in Orem and Provo, Utah, provides top-of-the-line products and services. Our team is highly skilled in providing orthodontic treatment, so you can trust that you’re in good hands.
Schedule a free consultation today. We’ll be happy to help you keep your smile looking its best.