Dental care is an essential part of your oral health care routine. From at-home treatments to going in for your regular six-month dental check-up, many steps are involved in ensuring your smile stays healthy and strong. At Genesis Dental in Magna and South Jordan, Utah, we take your dental care seriously and guarantee a comfortable and relaxing visit every time you come to us!
This blog post will review the benefits of proper dental care, at-home care, and procedures we offer to help care for your smile.
Prevent Tooth Decay and Gum Disease
Dental care primarily aims to prevent tooth decay and gum disease by keeping your teeth and gums clean. Brushing and flossing are essential habits to maintain good oral hygiene. Still, regular check-ups with Dr. Jensen and Dr. Boyack are equally vital to ensure any buildup of plaque or tartar is removed. Without proper care, these can lead to cavities and gum disease, which can cause tooth loss and even lead to other health problems such as heart disease.
Detect and Treat Dental Problems Early
Regular dental check-ups also mean we will notice any signs of dental problems early, making treatment more accessible and less invasive. When left untreated, dental issues can often progress quickly, leading to more extensive and costly treatment. This is especially important for children, as untreated dental problems can affect their overall development and quality of life.
Improve Your Appearance and Confidence
Your smile is one of your most prominent facial features, and a healthy, bright smile can make a big difference in your appearance and confidence. Regular dental care helps to remove any surface stains, discolored teeth, and even minor chips or cracks in your teeth. You will feel more confident to show off your smile and face the world.
Reduces the Risk of Health Problems
Research has found a strong relationship between poor oral hygiene and various health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, and even dementia. Regular dental check-ups help prevent these health issues by keeping your mouth, teeth, and gums healthy. Dr. Jensen and Dr. Boyack can screen you for such health threats and advise accordingly.
Get Professional Advice on Oral Hygiene
Good oral hygiene goes beyond just brushing and flossing. Dr. Jensen and Dr. Boyack can advise you on proper oral hygiene techniques and consider your individual needs and oral health conditions to tailor personalized recommendations for maintaining a healthy oral environment.
- Brush Regularly: There’s no better way to keep your teeth clean and healthy than by brushing them regularly. Aim to brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice daily, using a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Make sure to reach all surfaces of your teeth, including the back of the molars, and brush gently in circular motions.
- Floss Daily: Brushing your teeth alone isn’t enough to remove all the plaque and food particles trapped between your teeth. Flossing, therefore, is an integral part of at-home dental care. It’s recommended to floss at least once a day to remove any debris and promote healthy gums. Use a water flosser or interdental brush if you find traditional flossing uncomfortable.
- Rinse with Mouthwash: Mouthwash can help kill bacteria and freshen your breath. It’s best to use an antibacterial, alcohol-free mouthwash that doesn’t contain harsh chemicals that can damage your teeth or gums. Rinse your mouth with mouthwash for 30 seconds after brushing to eliminate any remaining bacteria.
- Eat a Nutritious Diet: What you eat significantly impacts your overall health and oral health. Eating a nutritious diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help keep your teeth and gums healthy. Avoid sugary, acidic, and starchy foods, which can erode teeth and cause cavities.
- Visit Your Dentist Regularly: While at-home dental care practices are essential, a professional dentist for a thorough cleaning and examination is just as crucial. Dentists can identify potential problems before they become severe and offer personalized recommendations to keep your teeth healthy.
Dental Care Procedures We Offer
During a cleaning, Dr. Jensen or Dr. Boyack will use special tools to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth and gums and polish your teeth to remove any surface stains. They’ll also floss your teeth to remove any debris that may have been missed during brushing. After the cleaning, Dr. Jensen or Dr. Boyack will examine your teeth and gums to check for potential problems, such as cavities or gum disease.
But what if you do have a cavity or other dental issue? That’s where more advanced dental procedures come in. One standard procedure is a filling, which involves removing the decayed part of the tooth and filling it in with a material like amalgam or composite resin.
Another procedure is a root canal, necessary when the pulp inside the tooth becomes infected or inflamed. During a root canal, Dr. Jensen or Dr. Boyack will remove the infected pulp and fill the space with a particular material to protect the tooth.
A dental implant is a small titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jawbone to act as an anchor for a false tooth.
Finally, let’s talk about cosmetic dentistry. While not strictly necessary for good oral health, cosmetic dental procedures can help boost your confidence and self-esteem. Some standard cosmetic procedures include teeth whitening and veneers. These procedures can help correct various issues, from discolored teeth to crooked or misshapen teeth.
Why Choose Us?
Whether it’s a regular dental check-up or an appointment to perfect your smile, we offer flexible scheduling to accommodate your needs! Our excellent dentists, Dr. Jensen and Dr. Boyack, constantly work to ensure the best care during your appointments! From the short wait time for your appointment to our dentists’ gentle and calm process, you can experience the care you deserve at our offices in Magna and South Jordan, Utah! From our dentists offering extended hours, emergency dentistry, and a multilingual office, we promise to care for each individual. Whether you speak English or Spanish, we can provide proper dental care at our South Jordan and Magna locations.
We have helped hundreds of patients with their smiles, from maintaining to enhancing; we are devoted to each individual who has come into our office. Several of our patients have left with happy smiles and given rave reviews. One testimony at our South Jordan location from Mike A. stated,
“I went in for an ad they were running for a teeth cleaning. They did a great job on cleaning my teeth. A full hour they spent cleaning and taking X-rays. I was really impressed. Friendly staff and very modern facility. Great location and easy to find in the district. I’ve gone to dentists were I felt like they did such an inadequate job on cleaning. I will be returning to this place for sure.”
Another testimony at our Magna location from Sue mentions,
“Wow! The staff here are so kind and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. I hadn’t been to the dentist in 10 years and they didn’t give me any rude judgement. From the front desk, to all the wonderful ladies who worked on my teeth. Such an awesome experience, I’ll definitely recommend my friends and family here. Thank you!!”
Dental Care in Utah
Caring for your teeth and gums is critical to your health and well-being. Regular dental check-ups and good oral hygiene practices of brushing and flossing can prevent several problems. Schedule your six-month dental check-up appointment with us today! Regular check-ups and proper at-home care ensure you can keep your teeth and gums healthy and smile brighter with confidence!